This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. The specific problem is: More informations about organizations who organize certification process needed..(February 2021)
Certification is the formal attestation or confirmation of certain characteristics of an object, person, or organization. This confirmation is often, but not always, provided by some form of external review, education, assessment, or audit. Accreditation is a specific organization's process of certification. According to the U.S. National Council on Measurement in Education, a certification test is a credentialing test used to determine whether individuals are knowledgeable enough in a given occupational area to be labeled "competent to practice" in that area.
One of the most common types of certification in modern society is professional certification, where a person is certified as being able to competently complete a job or task, usually by the passing of an examination and/or the completion of a program of study. Some professional certifications also require that one obtain work experience in a related field before the certification can be awarded. Some professional certifications are valid for a lifetime upon completing all certification requirements. Others expire after a certain period of time and have to be maintained with further education and/or testing.
Certifications can differ within a profession by the level or specific area of expertise to which they refer. For example, in the IT Industry there are different certifications available for software tester, project manager, and developer. Certification does not designate that a person has sufficient knowledge in a subject area, only that they passed the test.
Certification in Business Applications
In the case of Business Applications the most of the biggest software vendors have some model of certifications through exams. Here on this page, you can find the most of these certifications.
- Dynamics 365 Certification
- SAP Certification
- Salesforce Certification
- Oracle Certification
- Workday Certification
- Acumatica Certification
- ServiceNow Certification
- Sage Certification
- IFS certification
- QuickBooks Certification
- Adobe Certification
- Qlik Certification
- Epicor Certification
- ADP Certification
- Odoo Certification
Organization of certification process
In first-party certification, an individual or organization providing the good or service offers assurance that it meets certain claims. In second-party certification, an association to which the individual or organization belongs provides the assurance. Third-party certification involves an independent assessment declaring that specified requirements pertaining to a product, person, process, or management system have been met.
In this respect, a Notified Body is a third-party, accredited body which is entitled by an accreditation body. Upon definition of standards and regulations, the accreditation body may allow a Notified body to provide third-party certification and testing services. All that ensures and assesses compliance to the previously-defined codes but also to provide an official certification mark or a declaration of conformity.
- Pearson VUE is a British multinational publishing and education company headquartered in London, England.
- Prometric, also known as Prometric Testing, is a U.S.-based company in the test administration industry.
- Loyalist Exam Services (LES) provides exam services to organizations so they may offer their exams online securely.
- Kryterion offers professional associations and businesses a flexible, affordable and easy-to-use software solution for developing and delivering exams.
- Inc., Advanced Solutions International. "Glossary1". Archived from the original on 2017-07-22. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Cem Kaner. "Why propose an advanced certification in software testing?". Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Dovetail Partners "Dovetail partners". November 22, 2010.
- "ANSI". Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection According to ASME". Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "NABL Certified Lab". Retrieved November 4, 2014.